WHAT IS BIRRIA, YOU SAY?


WHAT IS BIRRIA?


This is dedicated to my Americano amigos. First off...BIRRIA is DELICIOUS. I remember as I was traveling in Tuscany, Italy. I was enjoying with my wife a great 2- year anniversary vacation. We ended up in this mom and pop restaurant where they specialized in Wild Boar Stew, and let me tell you, I enjoyed it so much I brought it back home (don’t ask me how I did it). Although, to get the Wild Boar Stew again, then going back to Italy is the only option, as I know no one here in Highland Park sells Wild Boar Stew. Although Birria my friends, this recipe or dish come from Jalisco, Mexico! Also you don’t have to go to Jalisco Mexico to try it. It is right on your backyard at Charlie’s Tacos.



















Birra is basically a spicy stew, made of different kind of meats, Beef (Chuck Roast), Lamb, Chicken, or Goat Meat, but at Charlie’s Tacos, they specialize in Beef (Chuck Roast). Birria is an icon identity of the cultural identity of the Jalisciences (citizens of Jalisco). The spicy stew is served at celebratory occasions, like for example, weddings, baptisms, holidays, especially Christmas and Easter. But at Charlie’s Tacos it is served every weekend! 




















Joshua Erazo
Content Manager
Vital Utility

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS CABEZA? WELL, IT IS NOT BRAIN!

CHARLIE’S TACOS IN HIGHLAND PARK